Skip to main content

24 Sussex: Girls Gone Wild





A lot of namby-pamby sorts were hand-wringing today because an 18-year-old girl was found passed out on the weekend in the driveway of 24 Sussex Drive. Apparently, Ben Harper and his pals were celebrating his 18th  birthday party in Gatineau and something went sideways.

The girl in question was found passed out, apparently wasted.

A few folks were saying that this "was a private matter," a medical emergency. That's what the RCMP said, anyway, passing the buck as always.

This stuff has happened at 24 Sussex for ages. Remember Maggie T smoking pot and dancing around the rosebushes before she forgot her pants at Studio 54?

I myself have been a little wasted there on numerous occasions, right under the noses of the less-than-interested RCMP detail. We used to smoke pot at 24 when the Liberals were in power. Not saying which Liberals, but you can guess. We drank, we drank, we smoked the ganga whilst an occasional PM strolled by, none the wiser.

It happens.

On the matter of "oh my God, the sky has fallen. Ben Harper had drunk chicks at his place for his birthday," I say, just chill. Ben Harper wasn't passed out in the driveway. We don't know if the babe was already wasted when she arrived. She got medical attention.

Everybody who has been a parent in the last many decades has had to clean up puke in the driveway or had to drive a drunk or drugged out kid home. We try to keep them interested with the glue gun parties, but it only works for so long.

Sure, Harper is a panty waist. He's not an alcoholic parent who's passed out in the bedroom while his kids are doing lines in the basement. And I'm sure Laureen's not above having more than a couple of glasses of wine. But she's a responsible mom, I am damned sure.

But in spite of Harper's talk otherwise, they are still human. Sure, he has bad judgment in friends and piano players, but I think, where his family is concerned, his heart and morals are in the right place.

As we older parents can tell you, you can't control the big and little heads of your kids and their friends.

Nobody can.

And I would fight to the death anyone who says otherwise.

As for the media, WTF? Does anyone really think this should NOT have been reported? Remember Allan Rock's problems with his daughter. The media bleeds for this stuff.

The only thing I can say is that the opposition should keep their traps shut.

Those who live in stone houses, after all....

People should stop worrying about the Harpers. They can take it. Political parents aren't different than regular parents. They're human. They're busy.

Stop judging. Stop judging the Harpers whom I'm sure are outstanding parents. And stop judging the media for reporting on half-naked girls in the driveway, puking or passed out.

Nothing as changed. Carry on.

BTW, I wouldn't worry too much about the media reports. Ben should be more scared of his mum than the media.

She's a cowgirl. I'm sure she can find a switch somewhere.

 

Comments

  1. Rose, you did it again. You called a spade, a spade. I am with you on this one.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ashley Simpson: Conversation with Derek Favell Revealed

  On April 2, 2017, a family friend of Ashley Simpson opened her Facebook Messenger and got the surprise of her life.  Cathy MacLeod had been trying to correspond with Ashley's boyfriend, Derek Favell, who was the last person to see the St. Catharines native before she disappeared from her home in Salmon Arm, B.C. a year before. She wanted to know more about what happened to Ashley, and why Favell had refused to take a polygraph test when many others close to the missing woman agreed to do so. "I wanted to poke the bear," she said, and sent several messages to Favell pleading with him to talk to her.  " Please help us," she wrote. "It's been 10 months of pure hell. A lie detector would help if you have nothing to hide. I beg of you, help us, take the test to clear your name if there’s nothing to hide." Many, including members of the Simpson family, found Derek's behaviour, at least, curious. Ashley had disappeared on April 27, 2016. Yet it took

Ashley Simpson: A Father Remembers

I have asked Ashley Simpson's family and friends to give us a glimpse into the life she lived before going missing nearly a month ago. Here is how her father John remembers his sweet girl. Ashley was a treat when she came into this world, a smashing 9lbs 8 ounces with a  head full of hair and nails that needed to be clipped. She has made many friends in her journey of life and continues to make them as we speak. She has made this world a better place by her love of mankind and this place we call Earth; unfortunately this life she has lived hasn't been the best for her. She has suffered through unbearable pain and suffering through her menstrual cycles. She has cysts on her ovaries that make those 10 days a living hell. She had one of her ovaries removed when she was just 14; the other they won't take out till she is 40 or older. Years of hell for my Ashley. I so feel her pain every month but she doesn't quit, doesn't give in.   That's my

What Bell isn't telling you about Fibe TV

Update: This week, we switched back to Rogers after spending far too long using Bell's crappy television service. For those with Bell, read and weep. For those considering Bell, think twice even if you hate Rogers. RS I've always been an early technology adapter. I had a Betamax. That tells you everything (if you're over 50 at least). My first computer was a "Portable". It weighed 40 pounds and I had to lug it around town on a gurney. I've been through probably 15 computers in my lifetime. Apple is the best. It's also too expensive so I have a piece of shit HP, the one I'm writing this blog on. I've had cable, internet and now Netflix. American Netflix . That's how far ahead of the curve I am. I get all the newspapers for free. How? I disabled my cookies so they can't track me when I'm on the newspaper sites. Even the New York Times hasn't cottoned on to that trick. Hahaha. That will be a fifty buck consulting fee. Bein